I received samples of the products mentioned for review. All views are my own.
The HALO® SleepSack® Early Walker replaces loose blankets in the crib. With its unique foot openings, the SleepSack Early Walker wearable blanket allows for greater mobility while babies are awake, but also keeps little feet covered and warm while sleeping. My sweet baby girl turned one in September. She has been starting to walk since then. Now only taking a couple steps here and there on her own. It is the most precious thing. I have had the best gift in the world by being able to watch this with all three of my children. Since October is SIDS awareness month, I can't help but count my many blessings.
In addition to helping your baby sleep safer, the HALO SleepSack wearable blanket helps your baby or toddler sleep better, too. It is a warm cuddly blanket they cannot kick off; ensuring little ones sleep soundly throughout the night.
- Medium (6-12 months) 26″ to 30″, 16 to 24 pounds
- Large (12-18 months) 30″ to 35″, 22 to 28 pounds
- X-Large (18-24 months) 35″ to 40″, 26 to 36 pounds
The HALO SleepSack wearable blanket becomes the trusted bedtime routine, providing the secure feeling he needs to fall asleep fast and sleep soundly throughout the night.
We chose the medium size which is built to fit size 6-12 months. Aria is 14 months and 22 lbs and it is still a bit large. She can sleep in it, which is what HALO SleepSacks are for. The Early Walker is extremely roomy. There isn't much walking happening in it. Her feet kind of get lost. But that is expected to get better as she grows.
I love that it unzips from the bottom for easy diaper changes. That by its self is a winner.
Founded by Bill Schmid after losing his infant daughter to SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome), HALO is best-known for its SleepSack wearable blanket, which helps your little one sleep safely by replacing loose blankets in the crib. HALO SleepSack products are used by hundreds of hospitals in the U.S. and Canada, and it is the only wearable blanket to carry gold seals from First Candle/SIDS Alliance and the Canadian Foundation for the Study of Infant Deaths.
Since 2005, The American Academy of Pediatrics has recommended the use of wearable blankets for safe sleep. Unlike regular blankets, the HALO SleepSack wearable blanket is worn over your child's sleepwear. Its design offers plenty of room for your child to move their legs freely, so the SleepSack won't be kicked off. This means your child stays safe, warm, and comfortable all night.
- Place baby to sleep on his or her back at naptime and at night time.
- Use a crib that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snuggly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby’s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers, pillows and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
- Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been established.
- Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
- Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface
- Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.
During the month of October, HALO will donate $1 to SIDS Awareness for every new Facebook “like”.
HALO Safer Way to Sleep Initiative. HALO Innovations also offers free Safe Sleep Practices kits to childbirth educators to help further the cause of SIDS prevention.
The SleepSack Early Walker and Big Kids are now available in a new lightweight-knit fabric as well as available in Micro-fleece and Comfort Mesh. You can Purchase HALO products on Amazon or from their website.
New Micro-Fleece designs featured here:
Connect with HALO on Facebook and Twitter to learn more.
I received the products mentioned in this post for review purposes. I only recommend products that I would use, or have used. All opinions are my own. Materials were received by HALO.