What is our Wash routine?
- Throughout the day, I add all flats to our bucket. This makes life easier.
- Fill the bucket with cold water.
- Agitate the diapers a bit with our nifty plunger.
- Empty the entire bucket into the tub.
- Fill with hot water, and add the diapers again.
- Proceed to agitate the diapers for a few minutes.
- And 1 tbsp of my homemade laundry detergent.
- Agitate the diapers again, for few minutes.
- Let the diapers sit for 10-30 minutes.
- Come back and agitate the diapers for about 5-10 minutes.
- Empty the bucket into the tub.
- Rinse with cold water until there are no bubbles.
It sounds like a lot, I know that it does. But it really is not much. This is totally doable! As I stated in a previous post, I am using 1 PUL pocket diaper. It washed really well this way. I was pretty amazed. The diapers seem to get really clean this way. Minus a few stains of course.
I'm proud to say that we are holding up really well. I figured out a nighttime routine that works for us. If only the muggy weather would go away so my diapers would dry faster.